Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Flowers




I brought one of my local design clients fresh flowers this week.  They looked so pretty, I snapped a few pictures.  Any florists/flower enthusiasts out there know what the green koosh ball look-a-like is?  I bought a few stems at Whole Foods and loved their quirky look (and I love how they make a traditional arrangement of hydrangea look a little more unexpected).


Here's a sneak peek at my client's living room.  Remember those 1930 French chairs?  They ended up here.




Happy Weekend!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Kate said...

Ready to geek out with me? I bet you can't wait! :) The flower you're talking about is a special cultivar that's only sold as a cut flower... a type of Dianthus barbarous called Green Trick. If you take a look at the entire stem, it looks like a carnation, but it's actually a cultivar of Sweet William. So interesting, right?!? OK. Maybe it's just interesting to me. I always wonder about the science about how these types of plants are created. It actually looks like someone took all the flowers off the top of a Sweet William and just left the greenery... so maybe they created a sterile flower?

In any event, it adds AMAZING modern texture to an arrangement. I love it! Another beauty I love for adding modern texture is green coxcomb (celosia).

Nice job, Kel!

xoxo,
kate

Kelly Robson said...

You are so awesome, Kate!! You're right, the stems looked exactly like carnation stems. "Green Trick"... I like the name of that. And, they're so odd looking... like something out of Dr. Suess. :)

xoxo
Kelly

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love them...by any name. Zubi Zubi Zu

amanda bevington said...

Love the leopard!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...