Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dear Kravet...

Dear Kravet,

I'm a huge fan of your work.  I love your affordable designer fabrics, your top notch upholstery, your friendly and knowledgeable sales people.  I love your beautifully decorated showrooms, your sister companies Lee Jofa and Brunschwig & Fils.  All of it.  You're a go-to resource when I start a design project.  That being said, I have one request...

You carry the most perfect upholstered cocktail ottoman.  You call it the "Dakota Quilted Bench".  I love the size and shape, love the polished nickel frame (love that!).  It has a simple upholstered top and a fabulous lower shelf.  It's perfect for fancy city living, or suburban family rooms.  But, here's the problem: that macassar finish on the lower shelf.  While it is fancy and stylish, it can be a bit limiting.  I'm not saying I don't like it, Kravet.  I'm just saying it's limiting.  Can you please offer this in another finish?  It's just on the lower shelf, so how hard can it be to offer this simple shelf in a regular wood finish?  Or even white?  How gorgeous would that lower shelf be in a white carrera marble?  Think about it, Kravet.

Sincerely yours,

Kelly




the dakota quilted bench in the Philadelphia showroom







...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

My Notting Hill said...

You're so right! Love your idea of marble. Bleached wood would be great too.

Kravet said...

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are sharing it with our product development team and our furniture department and hopefully we can improve the piece based on your suggestion. We always appreciate hearing ways we can be better!

Kelly Robson said...

THANK YOU! Yes, it's such a fantastic ottoman. I love it and I've found that it's perfect for so many projects... except for the wood finish! Hope you'll consider offering it in other finishes. That would be great. :)

xx
Kelly

Emily | Recently said...

Love it! Although I would take it just the way it is, I love the idea of the marble bottom. That would be a showstopper for sure!

Susan Sutherlin said...

Oh my goodness I was just putting a room together this morning and looking through my Kravet items and thought the EXACT same thing. I can even see a simple glass shelf or nothing at all. Let's hope Karvet's is listening.

Susan
www.susansutherlin.blogspot.com

kelleyp said...

limed oak please. or something rough hewn-ish.
love it.

Jennifer said...

that blue linen is to die for!

Kravet said...

We can now offer this piece with custom finishes on the bottom shelf, or change out the shelf for a different material. The shelf is removable. Your rep or showroom salesperson can help you price out the custom options. Again, many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...